When transporting goods in a refrigerated van it is important that you set an appropriate temperature for their transportation.
Using sources available on the internet we have found that these are the commonly suggested temperatures for transporting certain goods in your fridge/freezer van conversions.
- Fish – 2 Degree Celsius
Egg goods – 3 Degree Celsius
- Poultry – 4 Degree Celsius
- Cooked meats – 6 Degree Celsius
- Icecream – -25 Degree Celsius
Frozen Foods – -18 Degree Celsius
- Frozen Meats – -10 Degree Celsius
Information taken from following link http://www.grimsby.ac.uk/documents/defra/trns-refrigeenergy.pdf
Please remember you we have both fridge vans and freezer vans available to hire from RVR. Get in touch with us now by clicking here to find out more information regarding your refrigerated transport hire.
About the Author – RVR
- Tips for Your First Time Driving a Van
- Maintaining Your Refrigerated Vehicle
- Calling all Caterers and Festival Organisers! Let us take care of all your chilled transportation needs this Summer…
- A Quick, Informative Guide On How To Set The Temperature Control In Our Vehicles
- Things To Look For In A New Refrigerated Vehicle